Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #7

I looked at several things that are available with Google: calendar, Reader, and Alerts. I was already familiar with Google Earth and Atomic Learning's Google intro. I wish Google Scholar was available when I was writing my dissertation but, alas, I made it anyway.

Reader and Alerts can be useful tools when the class is researching a particular topic. They are ways to be notified when new information about the topic is available. Of course, they can be used with any class or any topic.

I began a calendar for my ministry since that was something I wanted to do anyway. Once I created it, I realized that it would not be something I want to share (this group would not be interested AND it is not related to education). However, the calendar feature can be very useful. If I do set one up, it could be shared with others who are interested in the ministry agenda. In the case of educational applications, a classroom calendar could be shared with parents, co-workers, team members, administration, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment