Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #8

  • What do you like about RSS and readers?
RSS and Readers are great ways to stay abreast of current postings by blogspots and news services.

  • How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?
Actually, I'd already begun using the technology and didn't even know what they were. My 33 year old niece is finally pregnant and began a Blog about her experiences. When she sent the link, I naturally, clicked to follow the blog. Once I created my account, my 'ever wise and knowledgeable computer' put her blog as one that I am already following.
  • How can libraries/teachers/administrators use readers or take advantage of this new technology?
As a Counselor, I can use the technology as a way to encourage my students to keep an online journal. I could subscribe to their Blog and comment between sessions or when they come to see me. I'll probably use the latter method since I could elaborate in their presence. I'm not a big proponent of cybercounseling but this technology incorporates a medium that the students love as a means to increase writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment